Earlier today, Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah Address The Masses at Odenigbo Fm, Anambra state,concerning his Senatorial Ambition
Read the full statement below
20 VANTAGE POINTS FROM “STRAIGHT TALK” WITH Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah ON ODENIGBO FM.
1. I am back in APGA and what it means is that I have come back home for good and the essence is to reclaim our stake in Nigeria’s mainstream political grid and ensure that the share of Ndigbo in Nigeria will not be lost.
2. Indeed, the only political platform for Ndigbo is the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and not other political parties in Nigeria. That informed my decision to return to APGA.
3. Before i founded the Afa Igbo Efuna movement I have always had the interest of the Igbo nation at heart and supported ex president Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election campaign because of his love and deference for the Igbo nation.
4. I am a man immensely blessed by God in all ramifications of human endeavor and have always been committed to the growth and advancement of humanity. My involvement in politics is solely informed by my desire to use the seal of power to expand the array opportunities that can be created for our people because there is a limit to which one can effect socioeconomic change by virtue his/her personal capacity.
5. Off all the igbos in Nigeria, i am the only self sustainable politician who doesn’t depend on the whims and caprices of any Godfather to contest for any electoral office.
6. It was at my FC Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium that I prophesied about the 21/21 for the first time when I presented a football jersey with the number 21 inscription.
7. In a historic and unprecedented manner, Anambra people unanimously chose their governor by returning Governor Willie Obiano for the second term under the platform of APGA.
8. We are building Ifeanyi Ubah University for Ndi-Igbo in Nnewi, Anambra State. The essence is make qualitative education accessible to our children and future generations.
9. No governor or political party has gone into any election and scored distinction even in a presidential election. It is only APGA that has been able to do that and I salute our brothers and sisters in Anambra for showing Ndigbo the way forward politically.
10. You know I had a stint with APGA when I first contested for the governorship position and later ran under Labour Party (LP), some people may view it as one not being stable, but that is a very wrong notion.
11. The present economic setback suffered by the Igbo nation bears little or no resemblance to what our founding fathers contemplated. My main aim of going to the senate is distilled to one cause; The Economic recovery of Ndị-Igbo.
12. About 41 items have been unjustifiably banned by the Federal Government and no one is asking questions. Ifeanyi Ubah will ask questions if voted into the Senate chambers.8
13. I have confidence in the leadership of our National Chairman, Ozo Victor Oye, the National Executive Committee (NEC) and The National Working Committee (NWC) that the processes of nominating a candidate in my senatorial zone and the state will be free and fair within the stipulated guidelines of the party’s constitution.
14. Ifeanyi Ubah is going to the Senate to aggressively tackle the maritime issues that have been affecting the commercial activities of Ndị-Igbo.
15. I will wholeheartedly congratulate whoever emerges as the party candidate in a free and fair primary contest and work assiduously for the victory of our dear APGA in the main election in 2019.
16. As a true democrat, I believe that people are free to aspire for any elective position irrespective of gender or background, just as voters have an equally important right to elect any candidate of their choice and not one that is foisted upon them.
17. No governor or political party has gone into any election and scored a landslide distinction even in a presidential election. It is only APGA that has been able to do that and I salute our brothers and sisters in Anambra for showing Ndigbo the way forward politically.
18. I’m building a Catholic Cathedral for God, it is an act of benevolence that should not be given political undertones.
19. As a business mogul and massive employer of labour who has a practical understanding of the economy, i can help create policies that will curb the trend of unemployment and open up a liberal economy for all to succeed.
20. I believe that no society can attain economic advancement without substantial investment in human capacity development, because human resources constitute the fundamental basis for for the wealth of nations.