Ghana Government Shut Down Over 400 Businesses Owned By Nigerians

Over 400 businesses owned by Nigerians have been closed by authorities in Ghana, sparking a protest by owners who have issued a week ultimatum to the Nigerian government to resolve the surrounding the maltreatment of Nigerian business community in Ghana.

Already, the National Association of Nigerian Traders (NANTS) have written a petition to President Buhari and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on the issue.

The association gave a one-week ultimatum to the commission to intervene in the matter, warning that the association would occupy the ECOWAS premises if the situation in Ghana was not addressed.

In their protest march to the ECOWAS Secretariat on Monday in Abuja, the traders urged the Commission to intervene to stop the alleged victimization of Nigerian businessmen and women in Ghana.

According to some local media reports on Tuesday, the President of NANT, Ken Ukaoha, stated that the development has reached a point where the Ghanaian Parliament has passed a legislation to make the business environment hostile to foreign investors. He said that the ECOWAS President, Jean-Claude Brou, had been petitioned over the development.

“This is a save our soul call and the urgency of this protest is to inform you of the state of fear, uncertainty, and insecurity that Nigerian traders are currently subjected to in the hands of the government and people of Ghana in different cities under the coordination of Ghana Investment Promotion Centre and Ministry of Trade and Industry,” Ukaoha said.

According to him, the members of the association have been shut out of their business premises in pursuance of the eviction order dated July 27, 2018, demanding that “we must have $1m as minimum foreign investment capital to do business in Ghana”

Advertisements

Breaking News:Omisore Address His Supporters Whom To Vote Osun Election Rerun

The governorship candidate for Social Democratic Party, SDP, in Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, Wednesday urged his supporters to vote for any party that believes in what their party stands for. According to him, good governance, social justice and accountability are what he (Omisore) and his party intends to achieve in Osun if he had won in the election.

 

Recall that after the inconclusive declaration of the last Saturday’s election in Osun by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, both PDP and APC chieftains have been storming his residence to solicit for his support. In view of that therefore, Omisore in a statement obtained by Nigerian Tribune on Wednesday averred, “Osun state has always been a stellar example of democracy where the people have consistently and freely expressed their franchise to determine who governs them. “This should remain so. Osun people have shown that it is not business as usual. It is a positive deviation from what was hitherto the norm.

 

“I am telling my people that they should go with any political party that believes in what we in the SDP stand for; good governance, social justice and accountability. I have already detailed how we planned to restore Osun to the path of good governance through the five thematic pillars in the manifesto I shared during the electioneering. I will not negotiate for personal gains and abandon my people. “My alliance is with the people of Osun state irrespective of the political party they belong. I want my people to be treated with the dignity they deserve. I desire that they have a government that will be accountable to them. I want them to experience the good governance the founding fathers of this state envisaged. I have told the parties that have solicited for my support to approach the electorates and ask for their mandate as I have assured them that I will not coerce them for political or social power. It is because I have kept my promise that has made me enjoyed their unalloyed support all these years. “As highlighted in SDP manifestos, the five thematic pillars the SDP had hoped to implement to improve governance, eliminate financial reckless and reposition the economy of Osun state include: Economic management and accountability; Professionalism and performance; Equity in access to service; Local content and innovation and Security. “To this end, he has said to all Nigerians that this is the centre point of his campaign and “democracy we both fought for and believe in. It is the right and democratic freedom of people to choose by their own free will.

Their votes should not be coerced by money, vote buying, intimidation in form of militarisation, political and social power. “Their voices of demand for good governance, accountability and human dignity should continue to be heard as well as salaries paid. All these are what I stand for and which the SDP had promised the people all through our electioneering campaigns.

They are still paramount to me as we collectively chart the way forward for the governorship elections rerun in Osun state.”

Police Arrested 16yr Old Boy Over Illegal Possession Of Gun And Bungery.

The Pollo no. ice in Enugu State have arrested a 16-year-old  JSS-2 student in Udi Local Government Area, who allegedly specialised in house-breaking. SP Ebere Amaraizu, the Police Public Relations Officer(PPRO), in a statement on Wednesday in Enugu, said the teenager was nabbed on Sept. 24. Amaraizu said that the police tracked the suspect as a result of information from good Samaritans about his activities in Umuabi community.

He said that the suspect was a student of one of the secondary schools in Udi council area. “The JSS 2 student was nabbed by police operatives following intelligence information received from public spirited individuals. “The suspect is helping police operatives in their investigations as he has revealed how he had been breaking into victims’ houses and carting away properties within Umuabi and its environs,’’ he said.

 

The police spokesman said that a locally-made pistol was also recovered from the suspect. “The suspect, who specialises in finding out buildings whose owners are not around, carted away items such as wrappers, breakable plates, radio sets, generating sets, television sets, money and other valuables,’’ Amaraizu said.

NAN

Peter Okoye Beats Davido to win his first award since Psquare disbanded

Peter Okoye defeats Davido to win his first award since Psquare disbanded (Photo) Information Nigeria 18 hours ago Peter Okoye, popularly known as Mr P, a former member of Psquare, has won his first award as a solo artiste.

The ‘Ebeano’ crooner was named best international male artiste at the 2018 edition of the International Achievement Recognition Awards (IARA). The award ceremony took place on Saturday at the Hilton Hotel in London, UK.

Now known professionally as Mr P, he was nominated in the best male artiste and best international male artiste categories. The singer beat Davido, Diamond Platnumz, Cassper Nyovest, Medikal, Black Coffee, among others, to win the best international male artiste category.

Mr P shared news of the award on Instagram, saying “this is just the beginning”. He wrote: “My very first award as a solo act! You guys made this happen. Slow and Steady but surely! God is great. “I was hoping to be in London but as you’re aware, I’m in the middle of my US/Canadian Tour at the moment!

I will be by to pick up my award personally. “Thanks again and I’d like to dedicate this award to my super fans and my awesome son Cameron who’s birthday is today.

Double celebration for sure. More coming. “Team P this one is for Us! Thanks for the love and support. This is just the beginning. I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.”

Breaking News:NLC Embark Indefinite Strike Over Minimum Wage

The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) has declared an indefinite warning strike from Wednesday, to press the federal government to implement a new minimum wage for workers.

Its sister labour group, the Trade Union Congress, had earlier on Tuesday announced that it would begin strike from the early hours of Thursday, following the federal government’s failure to honour its ultimatum on the new minimum wage.

Last Thursday, the NLC resolved to commence an indefinite nationwide strike, after the expiration of the 14-day ultimatum given to the FG which will elapse Wednesday.

In a press statement signed by the NLC General Secretary, Peter Ozo-Eson, the congress resolved that the strike commences in the midnight of Wednesday.

“Representatives of organized labour, after due consultation and meetings, have therefore agreed that all unions and our Civil society allies should embark on a warning strike from midnight of Wednesday, 26th September, 2018.

“All affiliates and state councils are therefore expected to mobilize their members nationwide to ensure total compliance.

“The nationwide warning strike will remain in force until further directives are conveyed,” the statement said.

Applicant Reported Dead At FRSC Recruitment Exercise In Kogi

male applicant in the ongoing recruitment exercise of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has been reported dead in Kogi State.

The applicant was said to have fainted yesterday after returning from a road walk embarked upon from the Chari Maigumeri Barracks to Zango; a suburb of Lokoja metropolis.

It was further learnt that the applicant was rushed to the Army Clinic where he was confirmed dead.

Sector Commander of the FRSC in Kogi State, Mr Olusegun Martins who confirmed the incident, said more details about the incident would be provided subsequently.

Housewife Arrested For Killing Stepdaughter With ‘Otapiapia'(Local Insecticide)

20year-old woman, Zulac Kabiru, has confessed to killing her eight-month-old stepdaughter, Rukaiya, to teach her co-wife how to respect “her superior” by giving her local insecticide, otapiapia, to drink.

Zulac, who was arrested by the police in Niger State for alleged killing at Danauta village in Mariga Local Government Area, said she took the action because the second wife was always insulting and assaulting her.

The suspect was said to have secretly given the baby the poison, which resulted in her death.

It was gathered that the suspect and her fellow wife had not been in good terms for a long time.

Addressing reporters when she was paraded, Zulac said: “I warned my husband to desist from getting another wife but he did not listen. The second wife loved insulting and assaulting me at all times. One day, I decided to poison her eight-month-old daughter to increase her sorrow in the family so that she will learn how to respect her superiors in the family.

“Before my husband married her, and I kicked against it, we were living in peace. But when she came, she split the family. My husband gave her more attention than he gave me. Snd since then, our family has been in shambles.”

The suspect said she did not know when she carried out the act.

According to her, it was the work of the devil.

“It was the work of the devil. I don’t know when I did it. It is a wicked act,” she said.

Police spokesman Muhammad Abubakar, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), said the suspect would be arraigned in court after investigation.

Miss Culture Anambra Tourism Putting Smiles To The Face Of The Less Privileges

Miss Culture Anambra Tourism 2017, is a young lady, whose mission on earth is to give hope to hopeless, to eradicate poverty in rural areas, modify the lives of the teenagers in Nigeria, Most especially Anambra state for now.

When Morningstarnaija.com reporters came across her magnificent project, we interviewed her

 

“My name is Amasiaku Amaka Jane, From Adazi Nnukwu, Anaocha LGA, Anambra state, Nigeria.

Currently, I am Miss Culture Anambra Tourism  2017, on the day of my crowning, I made convenant with my God and good people of Anambra State Anambra, Nigeria and Less privileges around the world, to help the poor and need.

To make them not feel left out, to make them know they are one of us by taking care of them, clothing them, feeding them and if possible to provide shelter for them.I  also goes  to schools and encouraging pupils and students to do more and to put in their best effort imtheir education and also promoting igbo language and culture.

For the past  one year, by the grace of God and our partners this is my ACCOMPLISHMENTS

(1) I fed over 100less privileged on the streets of awka,

(2)Gone  to schools  like ckp primary school Adazi Nnukwu and progress Academy Awka and gave the pupils writing materials like books, pencil,  Pen, ect.

(3)I had also  crowned a miss in one of the schools to promote the igbo language and culture.

I had also visited hospitals, Age men and women etc

 

Currently am now organizing “PUT SMILE ON DISABLED(physical challenged people)”  To visit Disabled Homes and distribute gifts items to them
Our major challenge is sponsorship ie financial crisis. We are also  looking for people to partner with us.

 

For more information, please Contact

Miss Amasiaku Amaka Jane

Phone number :08105748519

Bank = Dimond Bank

Account number :0079059164

Thanks you all, let’s help people to succeed in life, let’s give back to the society.

 

Kemi Olunloyo Revealed Why She Dislike Linda Ikeji

Even after once benefiting from billionaire celebrity blogger, Linda Ikeji’s wealth, during her incarceration in Port-Harcourt, controversial blogger cum journalist,  Kemi Olunloyo, has finally opened up on why she dislikes the blogger who recently welcomed her first child in Atlanta.

She made the revelation on twitter when a fan inquired to know why she is always at the gossip blogger’s throat.

Linda Ikeji on the hospital bed in Atlanta The controversial blogger who spares nothing whenever she means to drag anyone in the mud, used unprintable words in explaining why she dislikes Linda Ikeji.   In her defence, she alleged that Linda had been responsible for a misfortune her younger sister suffered in 2006. Recall that Vanguard Ripples reported that the controversial blogger accused Linda Ikeji of being deceitful about her pregnancy.

She alleged that Linda was never pregnant but paid a surrogate mother 1.8M for the child. “Sincerely, I have been respecting myself but I think I need to fill you guys into this. Linda Ikeji got pregnant using ‘donor sperm’ because she started getting scared of menopause.

Nigeria oil price Risen From $79 To $82.00 Per Barrel In The International Marke

For the first time this year, oil price has risen from $79 to $82.00 per barrel in the international market following high demand from major importing countries.

Oil  Specifically, the price of Brent, usually used to benchmark other prices rose from $ 79.90 to $82.10 while the WTI and the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC basket of 15 crudes stood at $ 72.32 and $78.81 per barrel respectively. READ ALSO: People, real assets in oil, gas industry – AOGS In its report sent to Vanguard, OPEC stated: “The price of OPEC basket of 15 crudes stood at $78.81 a barrel on Monday, compared with $77.08 the previous Friday, according to OPEC Secretariat calculations. Reuters disclosed that independent refiners in China’s Shandong province imported 42.4 million tonnes of crude in the first half of 2018, 41.4 percent higher than a year earlier, a senior refinery executive said, yesterday. It stated that “demand from Chinese refiners for Angolan crude has been robust this month.

Only around 40 percent of the 46 cargoes in the November programme are still available for sale.”

Culled from Vanguardngr

Sen Kwankwaso Endorsed His In-law To Be Next Kano Governor

Sen Kwankwasoof the Kwankwasiyya political Movement has dismissed insinuations of nepotism over his choice of his relative Abba Kabiru Yusuf, as the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP governorship candidate saying, “he is not my direct son-in-law”. *Kwankwaso In an interview monitored on the BBC Hausa service on Tuesday, Kwankwaso explained that the selection was made to avoid a repetition of what happened during the last dispensation where the Kano Kwankwasiyya movement backed Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje being the most senior in age, qualification and other services records to become governor only for the governor to in his words “betray them and stab” them in the back.

He explained that those accusing him of selecting his in-law are only mischievous as Abba is not the husband of the daughter he gave birth to but the husband to a member of his extended family.

He said he comes from a very large and extended family where anyone of them can meet and get married to anyone they meet anywhere and will not be refused. “You cannot stop anyone from marrying from your extended family because of your own personal interest” he stated.

He added that “It is also illogical to say that you would refuse to appoint or select a qualified person for any position simply because he is married from your extended family. What should be avoided is basing such selection or appointment on personal whims and sentiments. What is important is for everyone to acknowledge his qualification and ability to deliver”.

He also explained his reasons for not anointing the former Kano deputy governor, Prof Hafiz Abubakar, and a prominent politician in the state Alhaji Sagir Takai. Hae said he had known Prof Hafiz for over 40 years and has assisted him wherever necessary.
Culled from Vanguardngr

81-yr-old Bill Cosby Bagged 10 Years Imprisonment For Sexual Assault

Bill Cosby, once popular for his comedy features, has been sentenced to up to ten years in prison for sexual assault.

Judge Steven O’Neill of the Montgomery County Court of Common sentenced Bill Cosby, who had been out on bail to immediate imprisonment.

According to BBC, Cosby, who was found guilty in April of three counts of aggravated indecent assault, would be listed in the sexual offenders register and must undergo counselling for life.

“This was a serious crime, Mr. Cosby, this has all circled back to you. The day has come, the time has come,” Judge O’Neill said during the sentence hearing.

Arguing Cosby sentence, the prosecutor, District Attorney Kevin Steele asked the judge on Monday to sentence Cosby to five to 10 years in state prison for the 2004 sexual assault of Andrea Constand, saying he had shown “no remorse” for his actions.

However, Joseph P. Green, Cosby’s defense counsel, urged the court to place his client on house arrest, citing Cosby’s advanced age and blindness.

He said: “Eighty-one-year-old blind men who are not self-sufficient are not a danger, unless perhaps to themselves.”

Cosby was convicted for drugging and sexually molesting Andrea Constand in 2004.

Describing how the assault, which happened in 2004, had impacted her life, Constand said: “”Bill Cosby took my beautiful, healthy young spirit and crushed it. He robbed me of my health and vitality, my open nature and my trust in myself and others.”

He has also been accused by 60 other women of sexual assault, but no other charges have been filed so far.